International Private Charter Jet Flight Tips
Posted by: Amir Nada Jun 18, 2014 02:06 PM
Here are some important tips to keep in mind when making an international flight on a private jet charter that may make your travel even smoother. While some may be primarily taken care of by your flight operator they can be good to know about so you understand what is going on and smooth potential bottlenecks.
International flights can be significantly more complicated than domestic USA flights, requiring more planning and coordination. While flights to England for the Olympics may only take a few more hours to get setup, flights to destinations in China can take several weeks, so planning is crucial.
- Keep a list of all the contacts you’ve spoken with while planning your flight. This can be invaluable when you need to make last minute revisions to your flight plan.
- Verify what immunizations are needed for travel to your destination country. Some vaccines require planning to be administered over several weeks or months to be fully effective.
- Keep a list of all required medications for all passengers and provide this list to your flight services team so they have quick access to it. Carry extra amounts of medication in case the trip needs to be extended and keep all prescriptions in their original labeled containers.
- Check the foreign travel requirements of your insurance policy and make sure there are no special coverages needed.
- Confirm all lodging before departure and ensure that it meets safety and security levels you’re comfortable with.
- While rare with private charter flights be aware that there are factors that can require a change to the itinerary, such as airport curfews, slot allocations or weather.
- Upon your return be prepared for inspection by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
And above all have a safe, fun trip overseas.